Click here to download the program
Click here to view the speakers list
Hepatitis C - Monday, January 11th 2016
- 08:30 Introduction: Treatment of hepatitis C: Access to eradication ! - Patrick MARCELLIN (France)
- 08:40 - 09:00 State of the art lecture - Chairman: Tarik ASSELAH (France)
- The influence of therapy on the burden of hepatitis C - Michael FRIED (USA)
- 09:00 Why do I treat my patients with mild hepatitis? - Antonio CRAXI (Italy)
- 09:15 Why don’t I treat my patients with mild hepatitis? - Christophe HEZODE (France)
- 09:30 Is the benefit to treat patients with cirrhosis proven? - Savino BRUNO (Italy)
- 09:45 Round table discussion
- 10:00 - 10:20 Coffee break
- 10:20 Is it useful to detect resistance associated variants? - Stefan ZEUZEM (Germany)
- 10:35 Individual optimization of therapy (shorten therapy) - Graham FOSTER (UK)
- 10:50 Round table discussion
NORTH & WEST
Future therapies for HBV and HDV: what can we expect?
First line therapy of hepatitis B: interferon or analogues?
Clinical applications of HBsAg quantification
Staging of steatosis and fibrosis: liver biopsy or indirect markers?
Speakers: Laurent CASTERA (France)
Treatment of HCV cirrhosis and transplanted patients: when and how?
Traitement HBV : Interféron ou analogues? (French speaking lunch workshop)
- 14:30 - 15:35 Special populations - Chairpersons: Maria BUTI FERRET (Spain) François DURAND (France)
- 14:30 Patients with chronic Kidney diseases - Stanislas POL (France)
- 14:45 DAAs and transplanted patients - Didier SAMUEL (France)
- 15:00 HIV-HCV co-infected patients - Mark SULKOWSKI (USA)
- 15:15 Round table discussion
- 15:35 - 16:05 Coffee break
- 16:05 - 16:55 New therapeutic strategies - Chairpersons: Marc BOURLIERE (France) Michael MANNS (Germany)
- 16:05 How to improve the therapeutic strategies? - Tarik ASSELAH (France)
- 16:20 How to provide the best treat with what is available? - David NELSON (USA)
- 16:35 Round table discussion
- 16:55 - 17:40 How to optimize the strategy against HCV? - Chairpersons: Peter FERENCI (Austria) Eugene SCHIFF (USA)
- 16:55 Universal screening? - Mitchell SHIFFMAN (USA)
- 17:10 Follow-up of patients with SVR - Lawrence SERFATY (France)
- 17:25 Round table discussion
- 17:40 - 17:50 Take home messages - Massimo COLOMBO (Italy)
- 17:50 - 18:00 Conclusion - Patrick MARCELLIN (France)
- 19:30 Congress dinner
HEPATITIS B - Tuesday, January 12th 2016
- 08:30 Introduction: Hepatitis B, the come back? - Patrick MARCELLIN (France)
- 08:40 - 10:00 What's new in hepatitis B? - Chairpersons: Laurent CASTERA (France) Fabien ZOULIM (France)
- 08:40 Clinical relevance of HBV cccDNA - Fabien ZOULIM (France)
- 08:55 Virological markers for the management of patients - Michelle MARTINOT-PEIGNOUX (France)
- 09:10 New therapeutic perspectives? - Jia-Horng KAO (Taiwan)
- 09:30 Round table discussion
- 10:00 - 10:30 Coffee break
- 10:30 - 11:45 Optimal therapy of chronic hepatitis B - Chairpersons: Adrian GADANO (Argentina) Ji Dong JIA (China)
- 10:30 Do I treat my immunotolerant patients? - Georgios PAPATHEODORIDIS (Greece)
- 10:45 Prognosis and management of inactive carriers - Pietro LAMPERTICO (Italy)
- 11:00 Which pregnant women to treat? - Ji Dong JIA (China)
- 11:15 Round table discussion
- 11:45 - 12:15 State of the art lecture - Chairman: Marc BOURLIERE (France)
- Hepatitis E : the neglected one - Jean-Marie PÉRON (France)
Can we expect eradication in HCV G4?
Chairs: Gamal ESMAT (Egypt)
Are DAAs therapies associated with HCV eradication?
How to manage relapsers and non-responders to PEG-IFN + RBV therapy?
How to optimize treatment in G3 patients?
Need to assess HCV resistance profile before the initiation of DAAs therapy?
Chairs: Fabien ZOULIM (France)
Management and treatment of NASH
Traitements des patients atteints de cirrhose (French speaking lunch workshop)
- 14:15 - 14:45 State of the art lecture and award - Chairman: Patrick MARCELLIN (France)
- The adventure of Delta - Mario RIZZETTO (Italy)
- 14:45 - 16:00 End-stage liver disease is a multifaceted condition - Chairpersons: Adrian DI BISCEGLIE (USA) Richard MOREAU (France)
- 14:45 Management of uninfected and infected ascites in cirrhosis - Pere GINES (Spain)
- 15:00 Iron and the liver - Antonello PIETRANGELO (Italy)
- 15:15 Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: beyond international guidelines - Massimo COLOMBO (Italy)
- 15:30 Round table discussion
- 16:00 Take home message - Marc BOURLIERE (France)
- 16:10 Conclusion - Patrick MARCELLIN (France)
- 16:20 Closing session